Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Choose Life, Choose Joy (inspired from a tutorial)

I am in the process of creating a kit called "Joy Comes in the Morning." It has a grungy style with shades of orange, green, blue, pink, and purple. I was inspired to create an art journal layout after seeing two very simple tutorials with provocative results. Pixelscrapper.com is an incredible site. I encourage you to check out more than the tutorials.

First I learned how to make an asymmetrical layered paper. Then I learned how to add doodled borders to the paper. When I was at the shape making stage, I used an eraser brush to erase parts of the inside shapes so that the papers would blend together more. Then I added the bird brushes and made the text mat from another brush. I found the quote and tada, it's done! Simple yet provocative.

No comments:

Post a Comment